Monday, July 11, 2011

Guys Like Him

Here's another blog I found.

Beware!  This blog link is not safe for work.

Guys Like Me:  For married men exploring their sexual interests in guys


He writes:

I feel so alive with Jake, ageless and without any pressing concerns. Then he leaves and I confront myself in the mirror and remember how much of my life has already been laid like a rigid mortared brick wall in a pattern of cells and chambers from which it seems I will never break free. And why break out really? There is comfort and history and predictable stimulation within the elegant tasteful chambers I have created. What lies outside is as likely to be barren soil and rocky shoals sprayed with icy storms, as it is to be that imagined Nirvana.


The Eden I seek is not just sex with men in the bright sunlight of openness. That ability to have sex with men, and real emotional ties, is a manifestation of freedom. The freedom to be sexual with men is the current alluring prospect, but not in and of itself the golden chalice. The Chalice is to finally feel resolved. The Golden Cup is to calmly and proudly feel at peace with my intellect and spirit and body and the relationships with other people around me. In that new mental and emotional place, then I will be free to act on my desires, and while sex with men is a most immediate compelling desire, there are other desires too.

So while Jake and I ravish one another in a place of infinite possibilities, I keep returning to the chamber I made and live in when he goes home. Can I escape this masonry enclosed fate I have so artfully constructed to date? Jake and I know and accept that we will live this moment by moment, but there is an end point when I leave this town, or my wife moves down here. We are under no illusion this is for a long haul.

I feel ecstatic and when I am with him. Then in the periods between his visits I reflect and the picture is not good. I can go through these nearly violent body shaking spinouts and wail and weep at the sense I have divined this fate, and that the time is over to make big changes. In a comment a month ago, fan of casey wondered, have I looked into the future, and envisioned the inevitable conversation I may have with my wife Anonymous wrote in a prior post, I should write clearly and say what I want. Do I want to tell my wife I need men? I have been looking more beyond that point of talking to her, to what might motivate me to have that talk, or not. To ask for permission to have men, is to believe you can find them and that will bring the meaning you lack into your life. That is a huge expectation and I simply don’t have the imagination or self-confidence to believe it is possible. Beneath all, for such a liberal and accepting guy when it comes to others, I hold no positive images of aging gay lovers or partners.

I started this blog with the simple question, can I be married and have sex with men?

This blog, too, is littered with erotic photos of men.

Let me answer the question for you, blogger.

Yes, you can be married and have sex with men.

Now I'll ask you a question. Is it right for you to do this to your wife?

And I'll answer.

No.

What's YOUR answer?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Maggie,
    I've read his blog, too. I hate it. Have you ever heard a 16 year old girl (let alone boy) use such over the top, romanticized language? Puleeze...
    I don't know what makes me crazier; the schoolgirlish over the top romanticism or the endless navel gazing, in therapy till I'm 95 years old kind of psychobabble. He's not the only one, lots of these other guys finding their "true identities" about the time they expect to collect social security do this.
    Keep up the good work. I love seeing a woman have her say!!

    ReplyDelete