Thursday, July 14, 2011

Keep it private

Many of us found out things about our gay husbands by the trail they left in the browser history.  But what about you?  If you're following him all over the internet, you're leaving a trail too.

Unless you're using InPrivate browsing.

This is available on newer versions of Internet Explorer (not sure if other browsers like Firefox have this but you could probably Google it) and it sure helped me search online for my ex's online presence without worrying about leaving a browser history he could find.

We both had our own computers and rarely did we use each other's.  But on the rare occasion I did use his, he'd left his email open to some pretty racy emails and that gave me my first inkling my ex was gay.

When I finally stepped out of the shadows of denial and into the light, I began looking on his computer for any evidence.  But I also didn't want to leave a trail of my exploration and would have to clear the cache every time I used his browser.  Then I updated to a new version of IE and one of the new features was InPrivate browsing. 

To access it, press Control + Shift + P while you already have a browser window open.  Then a new window will open and the words InPrivate will appear on the left side of the address bar just like in the example below. 

When you close that window, *poof* your browsing history is gone.

You can read more info here.




No comments:

Post a Comment