Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trending now

I use Yahoo as my Internet home page, and when I logged in this morning, I saw that the #1 topic in Yahoo searches was "Fran Drescher."


Click on photo to enlarge
I had a really good idea what this was going to be about, but I clicked on the link to make sure.  I was right.


Click on photo to enlarge

According to Bonnie Kaye, there are over four million women in the United States who are married or have been married to gay men.  And in the majority of those cases, things didn't end well.

So why is our suffering the topic of a sitcom?  I've already ranted about this before.  But I'll rant again.  I wish Fran Drescher no personal harm, but I sincerely hope this TV show is a miserable flop.  It sickens me that so many straight wives are struggling financially while Ms. Drescher and her gay ex-husband will be making money from this show. 

It's also a sad commentary that the American public finds this humorous.  It makes me weep for the future of mankind.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, was thoroughly disappointed, and disgusted by Fran's appearance on The View this morning, to discuss her new "sitcom" about this topic. Because she has supposedly "lived it" she seems to think (and convince those around her) that she is the authority, and that this is just a humorous "bump" in the road for all of us...I will be shocked and saddened if it gets the ratings she is hoping for...~Wendy p.s. Great blog! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know she was on The View. Maybe the video will be online and I can see her pathetic attempts to explain this travesty.

    Thanks for commenting, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete