Monday, May 9, 2011

Celebrating an Anniversary

Two years ago my ex-husband met the love of his life.

Two years ago I learned my ex-husband is gay.

Last week would have been my wedding anniversary.

I had always thought he was an honorable man. I thought he would make everything right.

When I confronted him, he was dead silent. And I learned I was dead wrong about him.

He told me later he'd struggled for years with his sexual orientation. Why did he have to drag me into his struggle? Why did he have to take away most of my adult life?

I hope to blog here regularly about life as the spouse -- or more accurately ex-spouse -- of a gay man. I have some information to share as a result of my experience. I have some insight to offer in the aftermath. I hope I can make a difference to some other woman who finds out her husband -- the man she married for better or worse, forsaking all others, the man she thought loved her and her alone -- is having sex with other men.

No comments:

Post a Comment