Friday, May 27, 2011

According to Carrie Bradshaw

Television fans will recognize the name Carrie Bradshaw as the lead character of the iconic TV show "Sex and the City."  In one episode, Carrie learns her man du jour is bisexual and discusses this with gal pals Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. 

During the course of the conversation, Carrie comments that "bisexuality is just a layover on the way to gay town."

Experts disagree on this issue -- whether bisexuality exists in its own right or whether it really IS just a layover on the way to being gay.

My personal belief is that bisexuality is just an excuse men use when they don't want to admit they are gay.  My ex-husband claimed to be bisexual, yet he'd stopped having sex with me under the guise of having erectile dysfunction, and he'd begun having sexual relations exclusively with men.

Bisexual?  I think not.

I found this blog online and had to shake my head in disbelief as I read it.  I can't imagine a woman on earth who'd tolerate her husband having bisexual buddies AND having sex with her.  Well, maybe I can imagine it.  Go back to my previous blog post on the stages of grief and I think you may find a woman in deep denial.

In one of his posts, this man writes, "...I must admit that I struggle with having told her because I simply don't think that a straight woman can fully understand the motivations of a bisexual man."

Well, duh.  When we marry, we promise to love, honor and cherish and foresake all others.  What woman in possession of all her faculties would accept her husband's infidelity whether it be with another woman or with a man?

None that I know.  And certainly not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment