Friday, August 19, 2011

MWM Seeks...

Several weeks ago, Bonnie Kaye talked about Craigslist on her weekly radio show, StraightWives.  It seems the website designed as a free place to advertise things for sale, post job listings and learn about local cultural activities has morphed into a huge operation for arranging sex of all varieties. 

Just take a gander at the photo to the left to see what you can find. 

Craigslist began in 1995 as a service for the San Francisco area; now it covers most of the world.


According to Wikipedia, "The site has been found to be particularly appealing to help connect lesbians and gay men with one another because of its free and open nature in addition to it being hard to find gay people in one's area for some.  In 2005, San Francisco Craigslist's men seeking men section was attributed to facilitating sexual encounters and was the second most common correlation to Syphilis infections."


Bonnie stated that several of the women she's dealt with have found their husbands on Craigslist, advertising for gay sex complete with photos of their man parts.  I know for a fact my ex and one of his married sex partners contemplated contacting someone who'd posted on Craigslist.  I don't know for sure if they did. 


I decided to conduct a little experiment and see what would happen if I posted a faux ad on the site.


"Looking for like-minded guys - 43 - My Location


MWM looking for other married men for NSA fun. Not interested in drugs. Safe only. DDF, HIV negative. Versatile. I enjoy oral too. If you like what you see, message me. I can host from time to time but am willing to spring for a motel for the right guy."*


It didn't take long for the offers to start coming in.


Within 48 hours I received  58 replies.  19 of them specifically stated they were married.  7 stated they were single.  2 said they were engaged but looking for a man on the side.  3 were divorced.  1 was in a same-sex relationship.  26 didn't state their marital or relationship status.  Out of the 26 who didn't state their status, I suspect 6 are married because of certain things they said such as "Can only host during the day" or "Can host after X o'clock" or "Can't host, must be discreet."  Those phrases led me to believe there's a wife in the picture who may or may not be at work during certain times or may not work at all.


Many of the responses included photos of man parts in various stages of undress and arousal.  Several included very clear face photos.


What I wouldn't give to be able to identify them and send the emails to their wives.  Yes, there's a certain mean streak in me that would like to see these cheaters punished for their adultery.  But more important, their wives need to know they are being put at risk for sexually transmitted diseases.




* Here's the translation of the gay lingo in the ad:  MWM = Married White Male; NSA = No Strings Attached ; DDF = Drug and Disease Free; Host = ability to have someone come to your place residence.

2 comments:

  1. Craigslist is also often used to victimize people who respond to ads. We just had another series of rapes in my area. A man has been accused of raping and beating women he met on CL. Robberies are common, too.

    A married man using CL is just asking for trouble. A bad guy either knows they're married up front or can figure it out pretty easily from the clues you noticed. They know they can get away with just about anything short of killing the guy because he is not likely to report anything that happens. He can't because he'd have to explain what he was doing. Anyone in law enforcement will tell you how often they see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craigslist is also used to victimize those who post. There are lots of scammers out there. And being restricted to certain hours for hosting could mean a lot of different things like less than optimal living situation for hosting. Avoiding the shame of others knowing that you seek sex online. Or just one's schedule.
    For instance, I'm gay. I don't want to announce my meeting habits to others, especially those who I love in my life. I'm not in a relationship.
    The reason that I came across this article was because someone asked me in a persistent way about my married status. I asked him why he thought I was married. He said it was because of the mwm, which I thought meant masculine white male. Maybe it does to some. That would be a gay meaning if it does. So apparently I've been telling people, unwittingly, that I'm married.
    However, as I've been the victim of someone trying to find out who my nonexistent wife is, ostensibly to out me and ruin my life, I can say that the desires of the original poster here to do that is really reprehensible. Leave people to their own devices and karma.

    ReplyDelete